Tuesday, August 12, 2008

All in the movies

The other night Emie and I watched a movie. I don't remember the name of the movie, but it had a guy in it who was so deep and full of insight into himself and everyone around him. He never lost his cool and calmly gave all the answers to everyones problems without even having to give it much thought. He was flawless. I have always wanted to be that guy. Full of wisdom, the one everyone comes to for the answers for all their problems. REALITY CHECK!!! That person does not exist in real life!!! It isn't as if this is an epiphany or anything. Movies are make believe, just a way for us to escape reality for a while. But after watching some of these shows, who wants to come back to reality.

Which brings to the table reality TV shows. If you ever watch any of those shows, you realize that the average Joe or Jane is far, far from what is portrayed in the movies. Watching these shows make me appreciate what I do have in my own life. Maybe that is the reason reality TV is so popular. One can watch any one of these shows and breath a sigh of relief they are not as psycho as most of these people on these shows are. So after watching a reality show, coming back to the flawed, hum-drum of my own life doesn't seem so bad. In fact, I welcome it.

No comments: