Thursday, January 17, 2008

Poetry by cloudpoet37

Life

Life is a series of guesses we make
A random procession of cause and affect
With each choice we're offered a plethora of consequences
We cherish of suffer according to our perception
Our conscience will either accept or reject

Some of the guesses we make are so simple
To turn on a light, or open a door
But life doesn't make all our choices so easy
Emotions cloud or thinking of rational thoughts
And after the outcome we still want for more

I have been stumbling through life as a blind man
Unable to see what's wrong or what's right
I have made choices, both good ones and bad ones
Some have profited, but most of them have lost
I shudder to think that this is my plight

Some say there's a book that has all the answers
A guide that will take us from cradle to grave
I have been searching for such a vast reference
Reading through volumes, but it still escapes my grasp
Most say my guesses just save or deprave

So as I wander through life's endless chasms
Wondering to go to the right or the left
Making the road map that no one will follow
The high road, the low road, or is there some other
The outcome I shall not know till my death

Then others will judge was it good, was it bad
Was my life a victory or was it a naught
But they're only guessing from their own perception
To justify their lives and put their minds at ease
Such are the rules that they have been taught

So after my passing don't place any value
On something that only is fathomed by one
I have experienced every emotion
The catacomb of my psyche is full as I see
My life will be victory when all is done

No comments: