Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Poetry by cloudpoet37

The Water and the Wind

Here I am, the water, sitting still, just sitting still
I lie her flat against the sky not knowing why, just wondring why
Why the sun should rise each day, to shine on me in shades of gray
To stir a longing deep inside, a hunger for the rising tide

You are the wind forever gone, forever gone
With silent swiftness passing through, you're passing through
Never still you keep your pace, with emptiness you fill each space
Only then to fly away, to leave behind an endless play

I feel a moving as you pass, that feeling stirred has come at last
And as you brush against my face, a current starts to rush, to race
The waves rise high, I want for more, but it soon ends as I reach the shore
The feeling gone, I'm still again, I lie in wait, for what, for when

Here I am, a silent sea, waiting still, I'm waiting still
Waiting for the coming wind to pass by me, go pass by me
And so we dance to brilliantlt, the wind that moves the mighty sea
Who knows when we shall meet again, for I am the water and you are the wind

No comments: