Thursday, February 28, 2008

Permanent Job and Emie's Plans

Well, the assignment I have been working on with my temp position ends tomorrow. The good news is, I start training in Customer Service on Monday with Nova. My status will remain as a temp with Express Personel until I complete the training, in about two months, then I will be hired on as a regular permanent employee with Nova. That is a good thing.

Em and I went to Pellissippi to look into her enrolling into the Pre-Nursing program. We are going in Monday morning to talk to Financial Aid and will put her application in, to see if she is accepted next week. We are trying to get her transcripts sent here from her college in the Philippines, as they think a lot, if not all of her classes may help credit towards her new degree. After one year of Pre-Nursing, she will take either 2, for an Associates or 4, for a Bachelors years of nursing school at one of the 4 years colleges in the area. The majority of the difference between the two degrees is the Bachelors has administrative courses as well, for those who would like to do something like a Nurse Practisioner. The actual nurse/medical classes are the same.

After either one of the degrees is attained, then she can take the board exam to become a Registered Nurse. It will be a great thing for Em to have, whether we are here or in the Philippines. (And she said when she is making the big bucks, I can retire to a life of luxury and relaxation. Where are my golf clubs?) lol

That's about it for now! I'll catch you up on what is going on with the house and the kids laterzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: