Saturday, February 16, 2008

Post From My Brother-in-Law

American Home Shield

I have an American Home Shield home warranty/appliance service contract. If you read below, our washer went out at the end of January. Per the contracted service agent, All About Comfort, they deemed it unrepairable. I have yet to hear from AHS on what they are going to do for a replacement. It has been well over 2 weeks. Numerous calls and emails to no avail. Not to mention I had to call twice to get the service guy even out there. Now our microwave light bulb has gone out. Kitchenaid doesn't allow for the normal homeowner to change this puppy, so I had to place another service call through AHS. After 3 business days, I called them back since I had not heard from, again, All About Comfort, to set up an appointment. Well they came bright and early on Wednesday and of course did not have the bulb so they need to come back. Have not heard back yet. I even gave them the model so that they could bring one with. Anyway, microwave bulb, still out, washer verdict on what they'll give me is still out. I would steer away from these guys at this point as I am not happy with either of these vendors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find your blog very interesting. The thing is that I have been looking for a company that provides home warranty protection services. And here I found American Home Shield. The company seemed to be the right choice. But recently I also happened to bump at www.pissedconsumer.com, where I checked out the customers’ reviews concerning the company. In fact, not all of them are positive.