Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Off the political platform

I am taking a break from politics for a while. It seems the polititians are not listening to me anyway. :(

I am looking into starting an open mic night here at the Super Super 8 upstairs in the meeting room. I am checking with ASCAP and BMI to see if there are any licensing requirements, as I intend for the night to be for original songwriters, like myself, but I am sure there will be copies played as well. I like to dip back into my collection of oldies from the 60's and 70's.

Anywho, I will need to save to get some equipment also, but I think it will be, at least for me, fun. I used to attend Knoxville Songwriters Association meetings here and will get in touch with them. I know most would like a forum where they can play and get feedback to their material.

Really this is just a way for me to get back on stage and play. lol laterzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: